[Live-devel] Framed Source Issue

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Mar 30 20:51:52 PDT 2009

>However, audio still gets called much more often than it needs to as
>per the fDurationInMicroseconds prameter.

Remember, You Have Complete Source Code.

I have told you *repeatedly* what you need to look at to figure out
why your problem is happening.  Why do you keep ignoring my advice??

>Two more questions:
>
>1. If I encoded discrete video frames using H.264 (say using
>ffmpeg), should I directly feed to H264VideoRTPSink, or should I use
>H264VideoStreamFramer in between?

No, you must use (your own subclass of ) "H264VideoStreamFramer"
inbetween your H.264 video source object and your "H264VideoRTPSink".

>2. If I used a "proprietary" discrete video frame encoder and
>decoder, what is the best way to use the live libraries to stream
>and receive. I am planning to use a derived FileSink class at the
>client end to receive and decode the elementary stream, but I am not
>sure of the server side.

If by "proprietary" you mean a proprietary codec (rather than just a
proprietary implementation of a public codec), then the answer is
that you can't - unless a RTP payload format has been defined for
this codec.