[Live-devel] RTSP Streaming Playback in QuickTime

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue May 5 06:22:20 PDT 2009

>- Because the incoming protocol type is HTTP,
>parseRTSPRequestString() failed and hence, Bad Request Message is
>observed in QT.

Yes, the problem is that your client (QuickTime Player) is attempting
to use RTSP-over-HTTP, which we do not yet support in our RTSP server
implementation.

Presumably you have a firewall somewhere between your server and
client, otherwise it would probably have tried regular RTSP (not over
HTTP).  If you fix this, QuickTime Player should be able to connect
to your server.