[Live-devel] Question about "MP4A-LATM" and "mpeg4-generic".

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed May 20 19:12:24 PDT 2009

>Someone could tell me why the same format ,but different
>way server streams them?

Because different organizations (perhaps for political reasons, I'm
not sure) came up with different RTP payload formats for streaming
the same type of data (MPEG-4 audio).

>  And , the other question is ,what exectly
>is the difference between "MP4A-LATM" and "mpeg4-generic".

They're different RTP payload formats.  The former is described in
RFC 3016 (and implemented by us in the "MPEG4LATMAudioRTPSink" and
"MPEG4LATMAudioRTPSource" classes); the latter is described in RFC
3640 (and implemented by us in the "MPEG4GenericRTPSink" and
"MPEG4GenericRTPSource" classes).