[Live-devel] Packet Loss From VLS

tadmorm1 at post.tau.ac.il tadmorm1 at post.tau.ac.il
Thu May 21 06:19:14 PDT 2009

Hi,
I'm using the simpleRTPsource in order to receive rtp/udp packets
which encapsulates TS (encapsulating an h.264 video stream). only made
a simple adjustment to testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver.

When my source is Live555 and the testMPEG2TransportStreamer it's fine.
However, I'm experiencing heavy packet loss when I transmit from the
vls program. I tried increasing the internal buffers using
"increaseReceiveBufferTo" as suggested in the FAQ , but it didn't help.
Any ideas why this happens? and what can I do?
can it be related to different bitrate of the streaming programs?
Thanks for the help,
Michael