[Live-devel] Doubt on multiple media subsessions

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu May 21 13:25:33 PDT 2009

>I am trying to decode an incoming stream over RTSP. When I checked
>the SDP description, I observed that there are 2 media subsessions
>like H.264 and G.711. To decode the same, I am trying to connect 2
>separate sinks for each of the individual sub-sessions.
>
>Is my idea of implementation correct?

Yes.  Note that this is just what the "openRTSP" code does (see
"testProgs/playCommon.cpp").

Just make sure that each of your 'sink' objects uses the input
"presentationTime" value to properly synchronize the streams.

>  Should I perform any other initialization during SDP
>initialization, especially given that one is a video and another an
>audio session?

No, calling "MediaSubsession::initiate()" on each subsession is
sufficient.  Our code automatically figures out what kind of
"RTPSource" object to create, based on the SDP description.