[Live-devel] Memory leaks, only creatNew But no delete

zhBruce workzh at hotmail.com
Mon May 25 18:47:15 PDT 2009

Hello:

 At first, Thanks to Ross for help on "mepg4-latm".

 Here is another trouble, I made a vs2005 project,which include
some files of live555. In the main() function in file main.c , I copied
code in main() function in playCommon.c of live555. Building,Running

successfully. The program receive streams and save data
in file. But at last I found that there is an important issue: memory

meak.

A memory leak detection tool called "vld" output these messages when I

debug:
BasicTaskScheduler0::scheduleDelayedTask
basicusageenvironment.cpp (48): BasicUsageEnvironment::createNew
basictaskscheduler0.cpp (51): BasicTaskScheduler0::BasicTaskScheduler0
basictaskscheduler.cpp (34): BasicTaskScheduler::createNew
So there exists 4 memory leaks .

I searched all files of live555, found nowhere to delete the pointer of BasicTaskScheduler instance, include playcommon.c . I don't know whether I should delete it myself.
But the destructor of class "BasicUsageEnvironment" is declared in
protected field and cannot accessed by "delete". Should I move it to
public field? Actually I've tried but memory leaks still exist.