[Live-devel] RTSPClient as MediaSource for Live555 Media Server

Thomas Drewermann thomas at drewermann.org
Mon May 25 17:38:09 PDT 2009

Hi,

first of all thanks for your wonderful library with so many features!

I'm currently faced to a problem caused by VLC.
The current VLC implementation does not support RTP over TCP to pass Client-Sided NAT environments.

I've tried several Proxy-Servers to pass the incoming UDP-traffic to the client via TCP but don't succeed.

After I spend the whole weekend trying to get VLC-stream to work with my natted client I've decided to look for a easyier solution.
I'm going to implement a RTSP-Client-Class as MediaSource for the existing Live555 Media Server.
This would bypass the problem of the client behind a nat environment because Live555 Media Server does automatic TCP-fallback when acting as RTSP-Server.

Is anybody out there who's done that before?
If this is the case it would be nice if you can provide me some source-code.
Does anyone has some useful hints or advices in this background?

Thanks in advance
Thomas