[Live-devel] Meadia Server on VS 2005 or 2008

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu May 28 15:03:43 PDT 2009

>I spent a day of and hair pulling, keyboard bashing and shouting of
>obscenities trying to do this very thing about a week ago.
>
>Hopefully the fruits of my labor will save someone from the same ordeal :P
>
>Please find the vs2008 project and compiled libraries attached.

As I've noted in the past, contributions like this are welcome, but
unfortunately we can't really also make them available on our own web
site, because there's no way to update them whenever our source files
change (e.g., by adding, removing, or renaming source files).

The only thing that we could support would be some sort of script
that could generate 'project files' automaticallly from the ".mak" or
"Makefile.tail" files.

Makefiles have been the standard software configuration mechanism for
almost 30 years now.  If recent versions of Microsoft's development
tools no longer support Makefiles, then I consider that to be
Microsoft's problem, not ours.