[Live-devel] How to install live555 on ubuntu.

Marco Amadori amadorim at vdavda.com
Thu Nov 12 00:05:44 PST 2009

On Wednesday 11 November 2009, 13:48:19, Zelalem Sintayehu wrote:

> Hi, I don't know if it the proper forum to ask this question. I just
>  downloaded the live555-latest.tar.gz file and unzipped it and created a
>  make file using genMakefile script.

You could try rebuilding debian unstable package:

$ dget
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libl/liblivemedia/liblivemedia_2008.07.25-2.dsc

$ cd liblivemedia
$ debuild -us -uc -b

This should create a .deb for you.

If you miss deps and do not find them, look at debian/control and adjust the
names according the packages you have.

If you are successful you can use the debian directory also with latest
live555 tree.

--
basta vi prego -> http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting
avoid that please! -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Top-posting