[Live-devel] problem (?) when outputting raw H264 stream with openRTSP

Alberto Alberici albalber at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 16 05:27:48 PST 2009

________________________________
From: Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>
To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use <live-devel at ns.live555.com>
Sent: Sat, November 14, 2009 1:21:29 AM
Subject: Re: [Live-devel] problem (?) when outputting raw H264 stream with openRTSP

> > Hi.When I capture a rtsp h264 stream with openRTSP and save it into a .mp4 file (-4 option), I can reproduce it with common players (vlc, mplayer etc.)However, if I save the captured stream into a "raw" file (i.e video-H264-1) I cannot see it with any player. Why ?

> Because those media players (which are not our software, BTW) happen not to support playing a 'raw' H.264 file.

at least ffplay (in ffmpeg stuff) supports raw h264 files, and I've played some of them (I encoded a raw h264 file with x264 and then played it with ffplay, and it's ok)

>> In addition: in the produced raw file, I don't see any nal marker (00 00 00 01), even if H264FileSink seems to insert them (I made a small debug.). Why?

> I don't know.  If you find a bug in this code, please let us know.

I confirm the bug.
addData() with the nal marker passed as parameter is called, but strangely there're not nal markers in the resulting file (or files, if -m option is used).