[Live-devel] 64 bit portability

Němec Alexandr a.nemec at atlas.cz
Wed Nov 25 07:28:12 PST 2009

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hi Live555 community,
I have successfully compiled Live555 media library on Windows using VS2005. My question is as follows: Is the Live555 media library fully 64 bit compatible? I am asking because the VS 2005 compiler detects a lot of 64 bit portability issues and presents them as warnings. Also, if you look into the code, you will find a lot of lines with type casts between pointers and 32-bit ints or vice versa. This can be (not necessarily) dangerous when running the library on a 64 bit platform. Does anybody know more about the 64 bit portability?
Best regads
Alex