[Live-devel] question about streaming h264 video and binary data

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Nov 27 03:05:29 PST 2009

>The only thing that surprises me is that the same sequence for the
>number of the packets is used for the two streams. Thus, h264
>packets have even sequence number and data packets have odd sequence
>number.

The only way this could happen is if you are using the same "RTPSink"
(subclass) object for the two streams.  You cannot do this!  Each
stream must have separate "groupsock" objects, "RTPSink" objects, and
"RTCPInstance" objects.

>I currently have a single ServerMediaSession, with two
>PassiveServerMediaSubsession, one for video and one for data. Is
>this correct

Yes.  However, as noted above, you *must* use separate "RTPSink" and
"RTCPInstance" objects for each subsession.