[Live-devel] question about streaming h264 video and binary data

Ottavio Campana ottavio at videotec.com
Thu Nov 26 01:10:24 PST 2009

Ottavio Campana ha scritto:
> I tried following the stream with wireshark, and packets are sent
> correctly every 40ms, one for H264 and one for data. The only thing that
> surprises me is that the same sequence for the number of the packets is
> used for the two streams. Thus, h264 packets have even sequence number
> and data packets have odd sequence number. Is this correct for the
> protocol? Or can this be the reason why the client does not receive the
> video stream correctly, maybe thinking that half of the packets are lost?

By the way, by reading RFC 3550 at §5.2 there's written

"separate audio and video streams SHOULD NOT be carried in a single RTP
session and demultiplexed based on the payload type or SSRC fields."

How can this be achieved with live555? I currently have a single
ServerMediaSession, with two PassiveServerMediaSubsession, one for video
and one for data. Is this correct or should I create two ServerMediaSession?

Ottavio