[Live-devel] Streaming KeyFrames Only

bourda guillaume bourdag at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 05:44:48 PDT 2009

Hi Ross,

I have developed a RTSP streaming server thanks to liveMedia and I am
successfully streaming H264 and MP4V-ES videos.
I would now like to stream "keyframes only", for both these codecs : i.e IDR
only for H264 and I Frames only for MP4V.

I have tried to stream keyfames only (discarding the other frames), without
changing the session SDP and without changing the frames presentation times
but my VLC client do not render anything (except the first frame).   ==> Did
I miss somthing? Do you have any clue why this is not working ? Should I do
something with the SDP ?

thanks in advance for your response.

Guillaume
france