[Live-devel] Live Media Server streaming for H264 over TS supporting trick mode

Victor Domingo victord at salle.url.edu
Tue Oct 6 02:09:19 PDT 2009

Thanks Ross,

But I still don't have a clear idea to start.
I would appreciate if you can tell me the few steps to start the
implementation of the H264/TransportStream Video server with trick mode.

I understand that I need to generate a .tsx file for the ts file containing
the H264. To do that we need to parse the stream to find I-frames. So, the
current implementations of MPEG2IndexFromTransportStream.cpp,
MPEG2TransportStreamIndexFile.cpp,MPEG2TransportStreamTrickModeFilter.cpp
have to be modified to support H264, isn't it? There is anything else to
generate the right index file?

Besides that, I've been reading the FAQ and I found an answer about 'trick
mode' for different media types and it says that the implementation of some
virtual functions of ServerMediaSubsession class are needed, is it true? Do
I need anything else?

Can you guide me a little bit?
Many thanks in advance
Victor