[Live-devel] Live G711 audio source

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 9 15:17:54 PDT 2009

>testOnDemandRTSPServer uses WAVAudioFileServerMediaSubsession, which
>has an option to convert to ulaw--this class is sort of like what I
>want (?), although it reads from a file instead of a live source
>(hence the "seek" and "scale" methods that are irrelevant to a live
>source) and my ulaw source is already encoded, so clearly there are
>some differences.  Would a good approach be to create my own class
>that inherits from OnDemandServerMediaSubsession, and then
>overriding the appropriate methods?

Yes, exactly.  Remember, when you instantiate
"OnDemandServerMediaSubsession", to set the "reuseFirstSource"
parameter to True, because you're reading from a live source rather
than a file.

>   And if yes, what methods would you recommend overriding?

You must write your own implementation of "createNewStreamSource()"
and "createNewRTPSink()".  As you noted, you can use the existing
implementation of these functions in
"WAVAudioFileServerMediaSubsession" as a model.