[Live-devel] Questions about Groupsock

Finta Tartaruga framefritti at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 01:13:03 PDT 2009

2009/9/12 Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>

> for my final project I need
>>

> Does your school not have its own domain name?  Serious professionals do
> not use "@gmail.com" email addresses.

Yes, they have, but I joined the mailist using my home computer and I
spontaneously used my private address.  Hmmm... maybe you are right and I
should re-join with my school address (or change  the registerd e-mail, if
possible, I'll check).

>  * So far, so good... Now it comes the part a little bit more unclear:
>> the Destination list.  I understand that it allows you to have a
>> "multi-unicast" (that is, you can send data to many hosts over several
>> unicast connections) and that the first element of the list is the
>> address given to the constructor.
>>

> Yes.  Note, though, that the ability of a "Groupsock" object to have
> 'multiple destinations' is basically a hack that was added just to support
> unicast RTSP sessions that  that take a single input source. It's a feature
> that you're unlikely to need or care about.
> --

OK, the "incongruences" that I found made me guess so, but I wanted to be
sure. Thank you for your answer.