[Live-devel] strstream.h

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Sep 15 13:59:45 PDT 2009

>sstream is the preferred choice.  strstrea.h and strstream.h are
>both deprecated (the former is no longer present in VS 2008
>distributions, for example).  We did some testing using just sstream
>and found that it worked for us on both our windows builds and linux
>builds.

Can someone with a credible, professional email address (i.e., not
"@gmail", "@yahoo" "@hotmail" etc.) please confirm that <sstream>
(and *not* <strstream>, <strstrea.h>, or <strstream.h>) is now the
preferred thing to #include for Windows compilers ('Visual Studio'),
*and also* MINGW, *and also* GNU GCC.

If someone can confirm this, I'll change the code in the next release
to include <sstream> by default.