[Live-devel] OpenRTSP keepAlive with RTCP "RR"

Stéphane Le Jeune stephlejeune at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 06:24:02 PDT 2010

Hello,

We use openRTSP to test our video server timeout, openRTSP is able to send
RTCP
"RR" to the server to maintain the session but it does not use the good port
that it's indicated in SETUP response. RTCP is defined in RTSP response from
the server with the following:
a=rtcp:5000 IN IP4 "@IP"
a=rtcp-fb:96 nack
a=fmtp:97;apt=96;rtx-time=340

So RTCP port for feedback is 5000 but openRTSP uses the port 5001 for RTCP
"RR", This port is the
second port (p+1) indicated in Transport parameter (Transport:
RTP/AVP;unicast;source=@IP;
client_port=5000-5001;server_port=5000-5001;
mode="PLAY")

Is it the standart behavior ?

Fan