[Live-devel] Decoding h264 from an RTSP stream

Estelle W. Paus ewpaus at pobox.com
Thu Aug 19 16:39:46 PDT 2010

Using your live555 libraries and ffmpeg, I am trying to write an h264
player that uses RTSP.  Although I successfully seem to be receiving
the RTP packets, they are not being decoded.  In researching this
problem I have noticed the following:

ffmpeg h264 decoder seems to be looking for 001

When stepping through mplayer code, it finds this 001.
When I look at the stream with Wireshark, I do not see a 001.

My program that uses live555 and ffmpeg can't find 001 in the frame.

Questions:

Is the live555 library adding this 001 and if so where and how do I tell
it to do it?

Thank you so much.
Estelle