[Live-devel] displaying RTSP stream directly

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Aug 22 19:59:01 PDT 2010

>>However, in this case, it's possible that the MPEG-4 stream
>>contains extra 'config' information (present in the stream's SDP
>>description) that would need to be decoded and then prepended to
>>the data stream that is passed to the your decoder.  You can check
>>this by looking for a "config=" string in the stream's SDP
>>description (as reported by "openRTSP").
>
>This is the SDP descroptor. I don't see config sections though.

Yes, it's there: The "config=" strings in the "a=fmtp:" lines.

However, there's another problem with that stream: It specifies
multiple possible payload format codes on the "m=video" line.  That's
perfectly legal, but unfortunately the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code
currently won't be able to receive it (unless the stream uses payload
format code 96 only).  Sorry.