[Live-devel] displaying RTSP stream directly

Diez B. Roggisch deets at web.de
Mon Aug 23 03:01:05 PDT 2010

On Monday, August 23, 2010 04:59:01 Ross Finlayson wrote:
> >>However, in this case, it's possible that the MPEG-4 stream
> >>contains extra 'config' information (present in the stream's SDP
> >>description) that would need to be decoded and then prepended to
> >>the data stream that is passed to the your decoder.  You can check
> >>this by looking for a "config=" string in the stream's SDP
> >>description (as reported by "openRTSP").
> >
> >This is the SDP descroptor. I don't see config sections though.
>
> Yes, it's there: The "config=" strings in the "a=fmtp:" lines.

Ah. I thought they needed to be on the beginning. And of course the whole
thing is rather opaque.

> However, there's another problem with that stream: It specifies
> multiple possible payload format codes on the "m=video" line.  That's
> perfectly legal, but unfortunately the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code
> currently won't be able to receive it (unless the stream uses payload
> format code 96 only).  Sorry.

Yep, but I'm actually only interested on the first one, and it works receiving
that, and I at least once created a QT movie out of it. Albeit I didn't make
that happen yesterday.

But VLC also uses live555, and they work with this camera.

However, I now pursue embedding VLC through VLCKit. Which has it's own perks,
but looks most promising for now. Thanks for you help, and of course for the
library as whole - even if I'll becoming an indirect user in the future :)

Diez