[Live-devel] Question about trick play, server side

edi87 at fibertel.com.ar edi87 at fibertel.com.ar
Fri Dec 10 13:24:58 PST 2010

Ross,

After your negative, I talk here and request a lib update and I got OK, so now I'm playing with the latest version of live555.

I started working on what you said, basically I do:

Loop_FramedFilter (inherits FramedFilter)
Loop_MPEG2TransportStreamFramer (inherits Loop_FramedFilter)
Loop_MPEG2TransportFileServerMediaSubsession (inherits OnDemandServerMediaSubsession)

Now the problem is where to make the stream to loop to the start of file... you said:

"You could do this, but you'd need to write a new "FramedFilter" subclass that sits
in front of your "ByteStreamFileSource" class (and presents the
illusion of delivering a single, unbroken stream to the downstream
object (a "MPEG2TransportStreamFramer"))"

I can't understand why FramedFilter subclass should be used as I don't see any interface to make anything over the stream, I think that the best option could be a subclass of ByteStreamFileSource, which handles the file or MPEG2TransportFileServerMediaSubsession, which could make a seek to the start of the file.

Could you clarify this to me?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan