[Live-devel] Question about trick play, server side

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Dec 10 23:32:20 PST 2010

>Now the problem is where to make the stream to loop to the start of
>file... you said:
>
>"You could do this, but you'd need to write a new "FramedFilter"
>subclass that sits
>in front of your "ByteStreamFileSource" class (and presents the
>illusion of delivering a single, unbroken stream to the downstream
>object (a "MPEG2TransportStreamFramer"))"
>
>I can't understand why FramedFilter subclass should be used

An alternative - which might be simpler for you - would be to write a
new class (e.g. called "ContinuousByteStreamFileSource") that
duplicates much of the functionality (and code) of the existing
"ByteStreamFileSource" - except that it reads from its file
continously - and just use this instead of "ByteStreamFileSource".

I.e, you would define your own subclass of
"OnDemandServerMediaSubsession" that would be identical to the
existing "MPEG2TransportFileServerMediaSubsession", except that it
use a "ContinuousByteStreamFileSource" as input instead of a
"ByteStreamFileSource".

As always, you should *not* need to modify any of the existing code.