[Live-devel] New TaskScheduler 'event trigger - Usinf

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Dec 13 23:46:51 PST 2010

>When I trigger the triggerEvent() from my separate thread
>(DirectShow Input pi Thread), I see that it's being catch by the
>BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep, Thinking that the way to work with
>the UsageEnvironment is in the old fusion way -
>env->taskScheduler().doEventLoop().
>
>Whiteout using the watchVariable?

The 'event trigger' mechanism is similar to the existing 'watch
variable' mechanism (which remains available) - but 'event triggers'
are probably easier to use if you want to do what you are doing:
Signalling an event from an external thread.

(If you decide to use the 'event trigger' mechanism, then be sure to
use the latest version of the code: 2010.12.14)