[Live-devel] Support for Kasenna Mediabase server (long story...)

Pampolini Matteo matteo.pampolini at elsagdatamat.com
Tue Dec 14 08:52:35 PST 2010

Hi all,

I'm aware that many discussions have already been done around this subject, but
unfortunately I still have many doubts, that's why I'm asking for help here.

I'm developing an application, based on Live555, of course, that should be able
to receive and play multicast streams from a Kasenna Mediabase server, currently
it works fine with an RTSP server such as VideoLAN.

As far as I know Live555 doesn't natively support it, am I right? Looking at
VideoLAN source code it seems to me that the parsing of Mediabase SDP-like info
is done in a different file, say sgimb.c that apparently has nothing to do with
Live555. Unfortunately I'm not able to understand the calls trace because the
VideoLAN binary I installed as an RPM on my PC works fine, while a version I
compiled from source adding Live555 does not work, though all the modules seem
to be OK.

Then I have two questions:

1) Is there any VideoLAN independent patch that I can apply to Live555 source
tree in order to connect to a Kasenna Mediabase server with openRTSP?

2) If not, may you please help me understand VideoLAN behavior?

Many thanks in advance,

Matteo