[Live-devel] Problem streaming continuous H.264 video over Transport Stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 14 12:24:50 PST 2010

>The time period between the stream stopping and consequent recover
>is exactly 35:47.50 with a variance less than 10 msecs and this goes
>forever.
>Could you know any action that could be causing this behavior (so
>deterministic) in my linux system?

This time is almost exactly 0x80000000, when expressed in
microseconds.  So the problem seems to be that (somehow) a 32-bit
duration value is overflowing from positive to negative (or vice
versa).

I'm a bit puzzled by this, though for two reasons:
1/ You are not using a "MPEG2TransportStreamFramer" in front of your
"MultiFramedRTPSink", so the latter should not be getting a
"durationInMicroseconds" value other than 0.
2/ You are using a recent version of the code (because you know that
we do not support old versions of the code :-), and a fix to check
for negative durations was added to version 2010.12.05.

But hopefully you now have enough information to work from...