[Live-devel] Problem streaming continuous H.264 video over Transport Stream

Bruno Filipe Basilio Bruno.Basilio at brisa.pt
Thu Dec 16 02:45:36 PST 2010

Ross,

> I'm a bit puzzled by this, though for two reasons:
> 1/ You are not using a "MPEG2TransportStreamFramer" in front of your
> "MultiFramedRTPSink", so the latter should not be getting a
> "durationInMicroseconds" value other than 0.
> 2/ You are using a recent version of the code (because you know that
> we do not support old versions of the code :-), and a fix to check
> for negative durations was added to version 2010.12.05.

I successfully upgraded to the latest version and the test app is streaming raw H.264 video over TS for several hours without interruptions, thank you for your support even though a simple update from my part did the trick.

Regarding issue 1/: I couldn't see the video stream in VLC when using a "MPEG2TransportStreamFramer" in front of "MultiFramedRTPSink", I don't know where to go further with this.

Since the upgrade I had also come up with another issue: the stream from the encoder shows "Warning: Invalid 'nal_unit_type': 0. Does the NAL unit begin with a MPEG 'start code' by mistake?" from H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer::afterGettingFrame1().
The video stops working in VLC if I try to remove the mistaken "'nal_unit_type': 0".
I tried to solve this removing the fixed number of "0" bytes in the beginning of the NAL Unit simply advancing the pointer with the fixed size but was not successful.

Thank you for this good piece of software.

Best regards,
Bruno Basilio

Declara??o:
A informa??o contida nesta mensagem, e os ficheiros anexos, ? privilegiada e confidencial, destinando-se exclusivamente ao(s) destinat?rio(s).Se n?o ? o destinat?rio (ou o respons?vel pela sua entrega ao destinat?rio) e recebeu a mesma por engano, fica notificado que ? estritamente proibido reproduzir, guardar ou distribuir toda ou qualquer parte desta mensagem e ficheiros anexos.Por favor reencaminhe a mensagem para o respons?vel pelo seu envio ou contacte-nos por telefone e elimine a mensagem e ficheiros anexos do seu computador,sem os reproduzir.

Disclaimer:
The information contained in this message, and any files attached, is privileged and confidential, and intended exclusively for the included addresses.If you are not the intended recipient (or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient) and received this message by mistake, be aware that copy, storage, distribution or any other use of all or part of this message and the files attached is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender by reply e-mail or contact us by telephone and delete this message and the files attached, without retaining a copy.