[Live-devel] Support for Kasenna Mediabase server (long story...)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 14 12:36:07 PST 2010

>1) Is there any VideoLAN independent patch that I can apply to Live555 source
>tree in order to connect to a Kasenna Mediabase server with openRTSP?

No.

For many years (at least 6), our RTSP client implementation included
a gross hack to accommodate Kasenna's non-standard bastardization of
the RTSP protocol.  But not anymore.  When our RTSP client
implementation was overhauled earlier this year (to support
asynchronous, non-blocking I/O), the 'Kasenna' hack (which was a
*lot* of ugly code) was ripped out.

We are not going to support this non-standard crap again (search for
the string "Kasenna" in "liveMedia/RTSPClient.cpp" for a further
explanation).

We are far bigger than 'Kasenna' (in terms of installed base
throughout the Internet), and are not going to bastardize our code to
accommodate them.  *They* are the ones that need to fix their systems
to make them standards-compliant.  (Or alternatively, you should just
stop using their servers.)