[Live-devel] openRTSP writing all zeros

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Dec 17 10:03:29 PST 2010

>Yes, if I omit the "-m" option the single large file looks the same.
>I've tried using a debugger to trace it back.  I'm not at my work
>computer right now, so this is all from memory and may not be
>entirely correct.  As I recall, however, the FileSink had a
>SimpleRTPSource as its source.  The SimpleRTPSource received it's
>data from a Groupsock.  Both when copying the data from the
>SimpleRTPSource to the FileSink and from the Groupsock to the
>SimpleRTPSource the buffers that the memory was being copied from
>contained all zeros (with very few exceptions).  They were always of
>the correct size, but just didn't seem to contain the correct data.

This suggests that there may be a problem with either your operating
system, or your network.  You mentioned that - using Wireshark - the
correct data was being sent.  But is the receiving network the same
as the sending network?  I.e., do you have a router or firewall
between the sender and the receiver?  If so, you should also check
that the correct data is also being received - i.e., arriving on the
receiver's network.