[Live-devel] playback only working to localhost

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Feb 6 07:14:25 PST 2010

>I'm attempting to feed an H.264 stream from a live capture and
>encoder application we've written into Wowza 2 via live.  I've
>managed to create a custom H264VideoStreamFramer
>(STH264VideoStreamFramer ) and DeviceSource (STMCVSource) that
>successfully forwards frames from our encoder (MainConcept) to vlc
>or openRTSP via localhost, but when I connect to the same instance
>from any other machine on the same subnet (whether directly attached
>to the NIC or through a switch) openRTSP on that client doesn't
>actually capture any frames after setting up the stream.

I should also have asked you whether the "test*Streamer" multicast
streaming demo applications work for you across a network, or only on
the same host.  If those applications (which you should have tried
first, before writing your own code) don't work across a network,
then you've definitely got problems with multicast on your system.