[Live-devel] unicast + streaming on-demand source

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Feb 8 22:05:00 PST 2010

>ADTS -- Since the library only includes
>ADTSAudioFileServerMediaSubsession, I'm assuming I need to create a
>subclass of ServerMediaSubsession capable of reading from our
>in-memory frames instead of a file, yes?

Yes.

>Moving from Multicast to Unicast:  The multicast version's working
>with of H264VideoRTPSink -> PassiveServerMediaSubsession, but I see
>from past list references and the source that
>OnDemandServerMediaSubsession's the definitive guide for
>unicast-based streams.

Yes.

>   Given that OnDemandServerMediaSubsession is file-based

No it's not.  It can take any data source - not just a file - as
input.  However, if you use a live input source (e.g., from an
encoder), then be sure to set the "reuseFirstSource" parameter to
True, so that the input source object gets reused for all unicast
clients.

>, does this mean that I need to create a subclass of
>ServerMediaSession as well?

No, you will need to create a subclass of "ServerMedia*Sub*session"
for audio, and another for video.