[Live-devel] Really blocking?

Jeremy Noring jnoring at logitech.com
Thu Feb 11 12:37:52 PST 2010

2010/2/11 Němec Alexandr <a.nemec at atlas.cz>

> So was I.
> I also made the RTSP server unavailable by disconnecting the cable from the
> *server*, so the client's network interface was running ok. Moreover, I also
> made my tests on Windows, so I think test conditions are the same. I now
> made 20 trials of disconnecting the server from the network but I was not
> able to reproduce the deadlock. But I think, however, that it can eventually
> happen (according to what I see in the code). How did you finally solve this
> problem? Just adding by adding a timeout or are further code changes
> necessary? We would also like to handle this, because this deadlock might be
> dangerous for our application.

Yes, I just added a timeout everywhere readSocket* (both variants of the
function) gets called.  I used 2 seconds; it is not clear to me if this is a
safe change or not.

I'm also wondering if my other recent patch to set the socket _back_ to
blocking if a timeout to the RTSPClient is given can effect this bug; what
version of Live555 are you testing with?