[Live-devel] SR in RTCP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Feb 11 14:28:25 PST 2010

>I am using MPEG4VideoFileServerMediaSubsession in my application
>which is derived from FileServerMediaSubsession which in turn is
>derived from OnDemandServerMediaSubsession,
>does that mean I dont have to create RTCPInstance explicitly ?

That's correct.

>but yet I do not see any SR (send report) packet going from server
>to vlc client

What happens when you run one of the supplied demo unicast RTSP
server applications: "testOnDemandRTSPServer" or "live555MediaServer"?

If you see SR packets with these servers - but not with your own
custom code - then unfortunately I probably can't help you.

If you don't see SR packets even with the supplied demo server
applications, then you must have a firewall somewhere that is
blocking them.

>can that be the reason for a/v not in sync

Yes, of course.  RTCP is how a/v synchronization works.