[Live-devel] RTSP Session timeout

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Feb 16 00:35:23 PST 2010

>I am using live555 as a RTSP VOD server (in windows platform).
>
>The client uses tcp (RTP) as the transport. We are able to
>demonstrate the trick mode also. But the session timesout in a
>minute.

The session is timing out because the server is not seeing any
communication from the client.  Your client should be sending
periodic RTCP "RR" packets.  (If your client doesn't do this, then
it's not standards-compliant.)

However, if you wish, you can disable the session timeout completely
by setting the "reclamationTestSeconds" parameter (in
"RTSPServer::createNew()") to 0.  (I don't recommend this, though.
Instead, you should fix your client.)