[Live-devel] live555 blocked on a select

Sébastien Escudier sebastien-devel at celeos.eu
Tue Feb 16 06:51:28 PST 2010

Hi,

In certain circumstances, the library is blocked on a select call.
The call stack is [1].
I think it occurs when the library tries to open a stream which is being closed
at the same time, but I am not sure because I can't reproduce this easily.
To test this case, I added a 30 seconds timeout to readSocket() in getResponse1
line 2190, and when the lock is happening, then it unblocks after the timeout.

Would you have any idea ?

Regards,

Seb.

[1]
BasicTaskScheduler0::doEventLoop line 76
BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep line 115
RTSPClient::incomingRequestHandler line 2501
RTSPClient::incomingRequestHandler1 line 2507
RTSPClient::getResponse1 line 2190
readSocket in GroupsockHelper.cpp line 223
select()