[Live-devel] RTSP trick play, extra PES packet issue...

"羅翌侁(RR)" rose.roo at sidc.com.tw
Wed Jan 6 02:02:11 PST 2010

Afternoon Ross Finlayson from live network :

Please visit our FTP site with following account information

    * IP: "60.250.38.86"
    * Username: "live555"
    * Password: "live555"

We had tested Live555 as RTSP server, and another RTSP server named
"Streaming 21" (We called it as S21 below)
There are some more files added in our FTP site, and each new one is :

   1. SiDC_RTSP_LIVE555.gif
          * Screen shot of #2, between normal play and FF2x play
   2. SiDC_RTSP_LIVE555.pcap
          * WIRESHARK <http://www.wireshark.org/download.html> captured
            packet, that's our own RTSP client playback MPEG2 TS from
            Live555
   3. SiDC_RTSP_S21.gif
          * Screen shot of #4, between normal play and FF2x play
   4. SiDC_RTSP_S21.pcap
          * WIRESHARK <http://www.wireshark.org/download.html> captured
            packet, that's our own RTSP client playback MPEG2 TS from S21

FYR.
The all packet(s) (from Live555 or from Streaming 21) ware sent to VIA's
MPEG decoder to played MPEG2 video back.
Here are situations:

    * Our own RTSP client start to request Live555 to play Mermaid.ts
          o Video playing...
    * Our own RTSP client send FF2x to Live555
          o Video picture was frozen
    * Our own RTSP client send normal play to Live555
          o Video picture just continued playing in normal

    * Our own RTSP client start to request S21 to play Mermaid.ts
          o Video playing...
    * Our own RTSP client sendFF2x to S21
          o Video picture playing in fast forward mode
    * Our own RTSP client send normal play to S21
          o Video picture just continued playing in normal

After our own RTSP client sent a FF2x command to Live555, Live555 is
begin to send fast forwarded data packet(s).
But according to file "SiDC_RTSP_LIVE555.pcap", Live555 will send an
extra PES header packet in each 6 TS packets.
(But if)
That cause VIA's MPEG2 decoder failed to parse, and result is video
picture froze...

Still would like to know :

   1. What reason let the extra PES header packet there ?
   2. Is that possible we can modify the source code to remove it ?
          * If so, which .cpp file should we looked for ?

~very thanks for your help~

RR @ 2010/01/06