[Live-devel] TrackId= Vs track in a=control:<track-id>

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jan 7 02:35:42 PST 2010

>I have an RTSP client (not live555) that complains of the
>a=control:track format used by the RTSP server (live555 application)
>implementation of the live555 library. When I change the code of the
>library to use a=control:trackID= the RTSP client doesn`t complain
>anymore. The examples in the RTSP specification use the format
>a=control:trackID=.

Actually, the RTSP specification (RFC 2326) uses several different
example track names - "audio.en", "audio", "video", "streamid=0",
"movie.aud", "movie.vid", "trackID=1", "trackID=2".  All are legal,
as is "track<n>", which is what our server uses.

If your client assumes that a track name - specified by the server -
will be in one particular form only, then it's broken, and should be
fixed.