[Live-devel] Audio drift with live source

Mukherjee, Debargha debargha.mukherjee at hp.com
Wed Jan 13 14:13:13 PST 2010

Hi Ross,

Having explored the issue further, I have narrowed down the problem, but not quite solved it yet. Any hints or help would be appreciated.

I am using MP2 audio encoding for which the compressed framesize is supposed to be 576 bytes (sampling rate is 32 KHz, single channel). However, occasionally fMaxSize in deliverFrame() is less than 576. It is 240 or so. When that happens, I write only 240 bytes to fTo, and assign fFrameSize to 240 instead of 576. It seems that these truncated frames are simply not being handled properly by RTPSink. In fact, they are not getting transmitted by RTPSink at all, and in addition they are causing a timestamp drift which builds up over time.

Is my handling of the case where fMaxSize  is < 576 correct. If not, what should be the right way? Also, is there a way to prevent this case from happening?

Best Regards,
Debargha.