[Live-devel] multi file read in testOnDemandRTSPServer

alpharoot alpharoot at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 23:32:19 PST 2010

Hi,
I am developing a rtsp server which is based on
testOnDemandRTSPServer/mpeg4ESVideoTest. The video source is from a
camera instead of files so that I can implement a live video server.

I found When streaming video MPEG4VideoFileServerMediaSubsession reads
files from the beginning for several times. It looks like the first
time it reads in the header, and next times it reads and really
streams the data. If reuseFirstSource is set to True then the file
will be opened and read twice.

However, if the video is from camera the situation is a little
complex. Basically the video data will be discarded once it is read
because we have limited buffer. If MPEG4VideoFileServerMediaSubsession
has to read video data several times, I have to allocate another
buffer to save the data. The question is how many data should be saved
(1 or 2 frames or else)?

BTW, the multicast applications (testMPEG4VideoStreamer etc) reads the
file only for once.

--
Bill