[Live-devel] Request to Fix inconsistent timestamps in openrtsp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 19 08:19:41 PST 2010

>I do not know enough about the OpenRSTP application neither understand
>how you interface the live camera stream with it. But your problem look
>very similar to one I had 2 years ago with VLC.

No, it's completely different.  The original poster was describing a
problem that he had at the *client* end (because he wasn't using our
code correctly).  Your problem was a problem with maintaining correct
synchronization at the *server* end (and thus had nothing
specifically to do with VLC; it would have been a problem with *any*
client).  As I noted back then, you could probably overcome your
(server) problem by using discrete input sources, rather than
unstructured byte stream sources:
	http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2008-February/008122.html

Please don't confuse things by hijacking inappropriate discussion
threads :-) :-)