[Live-devel] H264 Decompress

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 20 00:23:13 PST 2010

>we started to develop using H264 protocol and we have some questions
>about it. We are using all the comunication with live555 to extract
>data from an Ip Camera with protocol H264. We have single NAL unit
>mode non-interleaved and we are having problems to decompress using
>x264.

Unfortunately I can't help you with decompression (decoding).  Our
software doesn't do any decoding.

>- When I recieve every frame I recieve too one packet every time and
>we ignore this, we use subsession->rtpSource()->curPacketMarkerBit()
>to do this.

No, you don't need to do this call yourself!  We already handle the
reception of the RTP payload format for H.264.  Just create a
"H264VideoRTPSource" object.  It does all the work for you.

Are you sure that your server is sending its data in RTP?  If you are
writing the server yourself (using our software), make sure that it
uses  "H264VideoRTPSink", and that this is fed using a subclass of
"H264VideoStreamFramer".