[Live-devel] fPresentationTime fDurationInMicroseconds value setup

Tao Wu lanlantao at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 13:06:37 PST 2010

Hi All,

I need to understand the value of fPresentationTime fDurationInMicroseconds.
Those two are used in almost all videoframers.
I have an IP camera, which sends out video frames in the oder of pps, sps,
I, P, P, P...(29 times) in a second.  So should the fPresentationTime/
fDurationInMicroseconds be set as 1000/32 (including both pps ,sps and vidoe
frames) ms or 1000/30 (only the video frames) ms?

I also notice that in a videoframer, a single call ::continueReadProcessing
can actually cause several ::afterGetting(this) then
::continueReadProcessing.
It looks the framer put several video frames in a single RTP packet. After
transmission, will the RTP packet be separated into different frames and
given to the client at different fixed interval ?

Thanks a lot for your explanation.

Best Regards,
Tao