[Live-devel] RTP packet lost when Live555MediaServer streams forward Dektec DTE3114

Lambert Marc marc.lambert at smardtv.com
Fri Jul 9 06:34:41 PDT 2010

Hello,

First of all, I'm certainly not the first to say that but thank you for
this very nice software.
I use live555MediaServer in the context of my job and I compilled it
with the option "RTSP_ALLOW_CLIENT_DESTINATION_SETTING" to make me able
to control the server from a device connected on the network and to
stream forward an IPtoTS modulator (DTE-3114 from Dektec) providing a
DVB-C signal to a TV.
My client is working well and everything is working perfectly with VLC
but...
When I replace VLC by the DTE-3114, the outgoing signal is not good with
many RTP packet loss.
Then, I tryed to change many parameters on each sides but nothing is
fixing that.

I also used the DTE-3114 with the QVidium file streamer (it doesn't have
the rtsp server, just the rtp streamer) and, in that case, I succeed to
stream perfectly until 25Mbps...
I captured with Wireshark and there is a difference between the 2
streaming methodes, the Qvidium seems to allow more time before to send
the next frame and the frame is composed of many UDP packet when Live555
try to gather perfectly the packets during the time and I guess it is
stressing too much the DTE-3114 to treat this bandwidth on the fly.
Then, I would like to know if it is possible to change the way to send
packet on the network to try to make my test bench working.

Thank's in advance