[Live-devel] Starting point to build a relaying infrastructure of RTP streams

Alessandro Cataldi cataldi.alessandro at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 03:43:35 PDT 2010

Hi everybody,
I'm facing the following challange: suppose we have two hosts, R (a host
with satellite equipment) and H (no satellite equipment).
R receive multiple streams (we can consider them "tv channels") and must be
able to forward these streams (or some of them) to host H. H can then play
locally the received streams and, in the meanwhile, forward them to another
host H2 (and so on).
Considering that R, H and H2 are, generally, behind a NAT box that hides
their public addresses (problems with parity checks of RTP ports?)... what
do you suggest as a starting point strategy, using the LIVE555?

Thanks in advance,

Alessandro Cataldi