[Live-devel] RTP packet lost whenLive555MediaServerstreamsforward Dektec DTE3114

Lambert Marc marc.lambert at smardtv.com
Thu Jul 15 00:24:33 PDT 2010

Actually, in my use case, I have the RTSP controller on another IP adress than the RTP receiver, furthermore, the RTP receiver doesn't handle the RTCP feed back then I guess the server is not aware about the lost packets and the difference of speed between the RTP flow and the TS flow... It is not a real RTSP case and there is not a feedback loop and it is on the same model than UDP TS transmission.
It explain than even if the DTE-3114 has 120ms of input buffer, it is not able to compensate the difference generated by the PCR computation.

I think the current algorism stays correct for all other application than this specific one, I mean UDP transmission and Simple RTP transmission.

Since my first test with the new value of MAX_PLAYOUT_BUFFER_DURATION, I tested many kind of streams and bitrate and everything work perfectly, then it is the conclusion for this topic.

Thank's again for your help