[Live-devel] RTP packet lost whenLive555MediaServerstreamsforward Dektec DTE3114

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jul 15 19:29:12 PDT 2010

>  > The current value (0.1 seconds, i.e., 100 ms) has been in place since
>>  November 2005, and (as far as I know) has worked fine for everyone
>>  since then.
>
>It doesn't work for me, I'm using:
>
>   #define NEW_DURATION_WEIGHT 0.05
>
>   #define MAX_PLAYOUT_BUFFER_DURATION 0.25 // (seconds)
>
>Because we were seeing (sometimes) some packets being sent out too
>late.  I think this was because not every packet has a PCR value
>on it, so the fTSPacketDurationEstimate was going wrong quickly.
>Part of the solution was to increase the MAX_PLAY_BUF_DUR so that
>the STB had a larger buffer to work around the resulting jitter.
>
>As we patch the library anyway (yes I'm aware of the "don't do
>it" rule) it wouldn't really affect us, but I thought I'd mention
>that 0.1 doesn't work for everyone.

OK, here's what I'll do: I'll put
	#ifndef <constant-name>
	#endif
around each of the four constant definitions.  That way, if anyone
wants to change them, they can do so with their own definitions
before including any of the liveMedia header files.  Then they won't
need to patch the supplied source code at all.