[Live-devel] I have tested the audio-MP4A-LATM in many player, but we can't execute the MP4A-LATM in any player.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 16 23:45:47 PDT 2010

First, do not send the same message to the mailing list more than once!

>You have sayed that "This is a 'problem' with VLC, not with our
>software. "openRTSP"
>recorded the incoming MPEG-[4] audio data just fine; however, VLC
>happens not to be able to play the recorded file."
>

>So, I tested the audio-MP4A-LATM in many player, but I can't execute
>the MP4A-LATM in any player.
>
>For example, window media player, goam player, alsong player, 3GP
>player and so on.

"openRTSP" records the 'raw' incoming data (in this case, MPEG-4
audio) into a file, but does not necessarily leave the resulting file
in a form which can be played 'as is' by a media playetr.

For this data to be played by a media player, you must somehow tell
it that it is LATM MPEG-4 audio.

One way to do so is to simply have the media player play the
"rtsp://" URL directly, i.e., without using "openRTSP".  VLC supports
this; just try having VLC play the "rtsp://" URL directly - i.e., run
	VLC rtsp://whatever

Another way is to (somehow) turn the raw audio data file into a form
which the media player will play.  This may require adding some sort
of file header, and/or changing the filename suffix, and is generally
outside the scope of our software.