[Live-devel] openRTSP and triggered video clip from buffer

Jonathan Cole polydeft+live555 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 19:24:05 PDT 2010

Hello Live555 Devs,

   I've been looking into using openRTSP to store clips of video streamed
from a video source. It works great using the command line, so I'm sure the
software is capable with just minor changes to function exactly as I need
it, I've just haven't had much luck narrowing down exactly where to look to
make these changes.

   What I'd like to be able to do is have openRTSP buffer the video received
from the source for, lets say 15 seconds, discarding older frames when full,
and upon being signaled to do so outputs a video clip of its currently
stored buffer.

   A few months back when I had tried fiddling around with openRTSP's code I
managed to have it spit out the frames I needed in a playable file with
improper headers resulting in a large gap at the beginning. It was kludgy
and I dropped playing with it in favor of getting other stuff done. I'm
looking to hack at it again and was wondering if anyone had any hints on
where to start.

Thanks for your time,
-Jonathan