[Live-devel] Live555 documentation generated by doxygen

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jul 28 06:24:21 PDT 2010

>the online documentation is available at
>http://geraldine.fjfi.cvut.cz/~dstegbauer/live555/html/index.html

No it's not.  That is *David's* online documentation, generated from
his copy of the code.

The actual online Doxygen documentation is here
	http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/doxygen/html/

Please stop misleading the mailing list!

>would you consider addition of Doxyfile to distribution?

I already have one, which I use to generate the online Doxygen
documentation that I mentioned above.  I don't think that yours is
much different (or better).

>  Would you accept changes in source which will convert the in-source
>documentation to doxygen
>compatible format?

No, at least not right now.  The existing online Doxygen documentation, e.g.
	http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/doxygen/html/classRTSPClient.html#1442234f611c9e0249c4deca5b6e4fa1
along with the documented header files, e.g.
	http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/doxygen/html/RTSPClient_8hh-source.html
should be sufficient.  The types of changes to the source code that
you're proposing just make the code uglier and harder to read for
people who (for whatever reason) want to read it directly, rather
than only looking at the Doxygen online documentation.